We believe in a God who hears our prayers and is able to intervene on our behalf. If you need prayer, contact our team with your prayer request.
Discovering Jesus is just the beginning. If you are interested in Christianity or want to take your faith futher, get in touch with us. It would be our honour and privilege to encourage and equip you in your faith journey.
Alongside the Life Centre Trust initiatives, are Campus based initiatives which are a tool to mobilise the church to impact and change our generation with the reality of Jesus.
Many of our initiatives have been established in the wider community and happen on a regular basis so that you can get involved!
Monthly - Location Is Project Dependant
Got an itch to do something in the community? Are you part of a Connect Group or group of friends that would love to be involved? First Saturdays are for you!
Click HERE to view the First Saturdays Calendar.
What are 'First Saturdays'?
First Saturdays consists of groups of people (large or small) using their skills and passion to serve our community. On the First Saturday of each month we will be empowering you to run Community initiatives/groups in and with the people in your Campus or Region. Anyone can get involved, friends, colleagues, family members - they don't have to attend LIFE. First Saturdays are a fantastic opportunity to get people engaged within our community and develop ideas into monthly projects/groups.
What can we do?
First Saturday Projects will vary each month – see the monthly calendar for some ideas. We believe that there are so many ways to reach our community and we want to empower you to do it! We also believe that we don't need to re-invent the wheel - so if you know an organisation who is already doing your idea really well, we can look at collaboration!
Here are some other ideas to spark your imagination....
· Installing smoke alarms in houses on a street & provide baking for them
· Community Easter egg hunt
· Mother’s Day Bake – bless mums in your suburb by delivering some treats.
· Jammies in June Mega collection and Free Shop for winter goods and curtains.
· Christmas Box mid-winter fundraiser
· Cookie Giveaway; Cookies for your local Community Agencies staff, hospital staff, police etc.
· Father’s Day Celebration – let all men in rest homes and hospitals know they are not forgotten!
· A Girl Called Hope fundraiser in October
· Park clean up and graffiti removal ready for the summer months!
· Christmas carolling in Rest Homes!
· Mothers Group or play groups
Can for a coffee event - exchange non-perishable food for a coffee and supply the food banks!
· Cancer ward pampering - nails and massage
· Teach young men to fix, mend and create wooden or household items
To volunteer or to lead an event please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 09 306 4222 - LIFE Community.
Come and join us on the First Saturday of each month as we impact the community around us in practical ways. Bring your colleagues and family to get involved and see our communities changed.
If you have a heart for the marginalised, enjoy journeying alongside others and are free during the week then give us a call or email us at email@example.com